Find your next opportunity.
1200 Smith Street Two Allen Center , Ref: Agreement # A-0288-2021 Houston, TX 77002 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Admin Assistant to work a hybrid schedule in Houston, TX. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
This position provides high-level administrative and analytical assistance, as well as skilled secretarial services, at the Department Head or equivalent level. Works with management to plan, organize, and provide logistical support for events, meetings, and seminars within timelines and budget.
- Performs skilled and confidential administrative functions requiring a strong working knowledge of the company’s policies, financial and budgeting practices, corporate information systems, and departmental procedures (25%)
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports as requested by the assigned work director that require the selection, accumulation, and compilation of data, records and other information from multiple sources. Reviews a wide variety of reports for accuracy and proper format. Assures corrections are implemented. Preparation of presentations in PowerPoint and communications in Publisher. (15%)
- Uses SAP to input or retrieve data for regular reporting or for specific Management requests. Maintains a strong working knowledge of SAP Financial, Contracting, or other modules to assist with invoice processing and contract administration. (20%)
- Develops and maintains hard copy and electronic filing systems, in accordance with company retention policies, to organize data and records and assure accurate, timely retrieval.
- Relieves the Managing Director and other professional personnel of administrative duties and maintains status of various divisional projects, special assignment, and overall objectives.
- Provides secretarial and other support services, including timekeeping, scheduling meetings, maintaining appointment calendars, ordering office supplies, coordinating events and catering, processing expense reports, and answering phones and emails, as directed. (40%)
- Develops most appropriate sources for the meeting site and amenities. Personally reviews and evaluates locations, venues, services, and goods to assure highest quality for best price, appropriateness, and adherence to management requirements.
- Plans, coordinates, and personally follows-up on the logistics and details of the amenities, such as gifts for attendees, printing, and information provided to attendees.
- Prepares, or checks the meeting site in advance of the meeting, resolves last-minute problems, tests required audio-visual equipment, and inventories required materials and supplies.
- Follows up on operational details throughout and after the meeting, resolving problems, to assure a smooth-running, professional, high-quality meeting for the attendees.
- Maintains accurate records and accounting of meeting expenses.
- Reconciles all billings to ensure accuracy and that the goods and services were requested and received.
- Manage air & ground travel arrangements for guests and VIP participants as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Business school or post-high school education preferred. CPS designation ideal, but not required
- Eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in administrative assistant or high-level secretarial functions
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must have excellent word processing skills. Must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience using Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Must possess tact, discretion and good judgement
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Job Requisition #37035
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $31.15 - $35.15 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.