Find your next opportunity.
Application Development Manager
150 Fayetteville Street , ,Suite 1400 Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Application Development Manager located in Raleigh, NC. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Manager of Application Development will lead the clients' application development department to meet the company’s business objectives and business milestones by providing IT support for all of the clients applications, and by building a technical environment that supports and enhances business operations and accommodates continued growth.
- Develop the Application Development department into a highly professional organization that is properly trained and equipped to support the clients’ business, growth, and ongoing application development and deployment.
- Drive ongoing adoption of innovative software development technologies, processes, and methodologies. Mentor staff and provide performance reviews.
- Responsible for delegating and managing the resources of the team to ensure that critical path projects are accomplished on time and on budget.
- In partnership with Senior Director Enterprise Systems, create and maintain a highly stable and resilient business applications environment. Create an environment where expectations are set and can be routinely upheld.
- Continually identify and adopt cyber-security practices into the processes, policies, methodologies, and overarching SDLC to ensure delivery of secure business applications.
- Provide hands-on assistance to staff working to support applications, infrastructure, and systems.
- Design and maintain an SDLC that optimizes efficiency, build quality, and security.
- Lead quality assurance testing and practices. Manage overall software testing processes, including test planning, test execution, and defect management.
- Maintain appropriate documentation to properly define and convey application development standards, expectations, and design.
- Coordinate with fellow management in the IT Operations Department to ensure that IT goals and Application Development are consistent with business needs.
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures manual for the operations of the Applications Development Department.
- Maintain proper separation of Production and Development environments; adhere to and enforce necessary Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the industry with at least 3 years applications development department management experience.
- A history of on-going professional training is desired in topics such as leadership development, process reengineering, project management and software development.
- B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- Strong management, interpersonal, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring skills. Should be results-oriented, hands-on, with a pragmatic approach to conflict resolution, problem solving and group decision-making. Project Management skills are essential.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how to analyze unmet business needs and implement innovative technology solutions to meet those needs. In depth understanding of industry trends with office automation tools and process automation tools.
- Strong technical understanding of application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET (core), .NET Framework, MVC, ASP.NET, Razor, Blazor, Git, Windows Server, IIS 10.0, Azure DevOps, as well as overall application solution delivery.
- Strong technical understanding of database systems, web services, web applications, and Azure cloud architecture.
- Ability to lead staff across diverse functions such as application development, database development, business analysis, quality assurance, and production system support.
- Experience with, and the ability to both lead and participate in, full-lifecycle application and solution delivery
- Experience providing hands-on technical application support and development in a diverse environment.
- Experience delivering solutions with both custom applications and 3rd party provided applications.
- Experience with development, configuration, and deployment of applications in the cloud.
- Experience defining and managing a broad application environment while providing management to 2-3 employees.
- Experience leading quality assurance and testing practices
Job Requisition # 37884
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $135,000 - $140,000 per year plus a 15% bonus opportunity.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.