Find your next opportunity.
Category Strategy Manager
1917 Four Wheel Drive Oshkosh, WI 54902 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Category Strategy Manager to work with a team located in Oshkosh, WI. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
This position is a hybrid opportunity for 2 days in the office
The Category Strategy Manager - Electrical will have a deep understanding of multiple level categories of spend or program/product development and is considered the subject matter expert for a category or group of categories of spend. This role has substantial understanding of influencing market drivers and external forces affecting categories and possible multiple categories of spend for decision making. The Category Strategy Manager builds meaningful relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure value optimization and engagement. This role engages regularly in strategic sourcing and has the ability to formulate, present and gain consensus on category strategies.
- Mentor and coach multiple category managers across the segment.
- Data analytics and critical thinking skill sin multiple categories of spend; ability to connect supply chain impact to the business, drive peak performance of spend categories.
- Subject matter expert on spends category/commodity, market trends and predicting further trends and impacts.
- Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics; responsible for category spend and performance dashboards and spend synergy visibility.
- Advanced and independent and critical thinking skills to formulate business cost/value opportunities.
- Build meaningful relationships with the supply base in order to regularly impact the value proposition.
- Proficient with engineering/technical drawings and understand technical grammar and language of the business and category.
- Oversight for the effective use of supplier preferencing strategy, supplier engagement model and part taxonomy.
- Lead and support supplier contract negotiations and has skills and ability to mentor/coach.
- Leads internal communication for category and connection to the global marketplace.
- Make deep connections between category management, business goals and value proposition.
- Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk and business continuity plans.
- Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives that capture value for the business, may lead or support a council.
- Build open and trusting relationships with team members through Frequent Meaningful Conversations, ensuring individual development plans are in place.
- Develop meaningful relationships with team members and senior leaders across multiple functional areas, lead through influence.
- Bachelor’s degree with seven (7) or more years of experience within in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, or a related field.
- Category Strategy experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct reporting relationships or project work.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Job Requisition # 38191
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $114,000 - $139,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.