Find your next opportunity.
Civil Engineer (Land Development - Austin)
1120 S. Capital Why Austin, TX 78746 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Civil Engineer (Land Development) to work with a team located in Austin, TX. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
Job Overview: #LI-KL1
Responsible for land development, residential, industrial, retail, mixed-use, healthcare, educational and recreational design technical tasks including, but not limited to: conceptual site layout; utility design; roadway design; site grading design; soil erosion and sedimentation control design; floodplain studies; providing permitting and entitlement support; preparation of engineer’s opinions of probable cost; assistance with preparation of proposals; and construction support.
- Prepares engineer’s opinion of probable cost.
- Prepares design calculations.
- Maintains a good relationship with clients.
- Prepares permit applications for applicable municipal agencies.
- Responsible for preparation of feasibility studies, master planning and engineering, design of water, sanitary and storm sewer, paving and detention facilities.
- Assists in preparation of proposals for engineering services.
- Reviews and prepares project specifications.
- Assists in production of final construction drawings.
- Mentors and assists with training Staff Engineers.
- Delegates specific project components to Staff Engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and time completion of projects.
- Participates in business development activities.
- Professionally represent the firm at client and municipal meetings/hearings.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets, billing and assists with A/R.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of experience
- Passed FE
- Strong Understanding of local governmental public and private development codes
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Outstanding writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office. Deltek a plus
- Must be fluent in the English language
Job Requisition # 37206
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $85,000 - $95,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.