Find your next opportunity.
Cloud Security Architect
Remote Raleigh, NC 27617 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Cloud Security Architect. This is a 6-month remote contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for understanding business requirements, gathering technical requirements, architecting solutions, understanding industry standards and executing deliverables adhering to company policies around public, private, and hybrid cloud environments or creating those standards as needed.
The Architect will lead and coordinate the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications in the cloud environments. The role serves as a subject matter expert for best practices around security controls covering required compliance requirements based on data classification. The role will also serve as an advisor to leadership concerning the development, design, maintenance, and implementation of enterprise-level systems. Other key responsibilities will be to produce architecture diagrams, blueprints and to bring solutions to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture.
- Gather requirements, provide technical guidance and foster a collective understanding of data flows and security issues encountered in cloud applications and services
- Develop Architecture through consulting with business and other technology teams to address complex application needs
- Deliver Architecture on assigned projects using any Service Provider (xSP)
- Work with various application, data, and infrastructure teams to execute planned activities for cloud solutions while addressing security requirements and assessing the ongoing impact
- Work closely with development and operational teams on implementing company standards within the application development and operations lifecycle
- Keep up to date on the latest standards for all Cloud Service Providers and Cloud technology
- Provide subject matter expertise to technical and business partners on all security-related areas
- Estimate cost and budget for ongoing security improvements in our environments
- Cultivate a culture of security awareness and continuous education of personnel to ensure security policies, standards, and guidelines are always adhered to
- 5+ years as an Enterprise Cloud Architect and/or Systems Engineer; With an additional 2+ years in designing cloud frameworks or implementing cloud security
- Experience in large scale enterprise Cloud projects from ideation to finished production product
- Experience in an SAP Environment and integration.
- 2+ years of experience doing application and/or infrastructure solution architecture
- 2+ years of experience building cloud architecture within all Cloud Service Providers or equivalent products and services
- 2+ years of hands-on experience migrating solutions to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, technology or similar field is desired
- Certification(s) preferred: CISSP, CISM
- Demonstrate understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration within all Cloud Service Providers
- Demonstrate experience in deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Demonstrate experience in deploying data lakes, data transforms and data analytics in all Cloud Service Providers
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP), hybrid infrastructures secure, architecture designs, and technology management
- Working knowledge of internal threat management and compliance as it relates to Microsoft 365 products and capabilities, specifically Microsoft Azure Information Protection, Microsoft Data Loss Prevention and Microsoft Purview.
Job Requisition #36675
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $75-$80 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.