Find your next opportunity.
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Consulting Engineer. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with a possibility to extend with our client.
This position is an onsite opportunity.
The candidate will fill a position in the I&C Design Engineering Group. The primary area of focus will be I&C digital design in support of modifying North Anna Units 1 & 2. Specific duties include : initial scoping I&C Digital Design Requests, preparation of Cost estimates of digital modification as part of initial scoping , development of Design Change Packages and support in implementing the Design Change as the Responsible Engineer (RE). The candidate will work in a broad range of I&C issues both Digital and Analog (as needed0. This role is mid-level or fully competent in all conventional aspects of the design Engineering.
- Scoping I&C Digital Design Requests
- Preparation of Cost estimates of digital modification as part of initial scoping
- Development of Design Change Packages and support in implementing the Design Change as the Responsible Engineer (RE).
- The candidate will work in a broad range of I&C issues both Digital and Analog if needed.
- This role is mid-level to fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter.
- Experience with nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station including Emerson Ovation
- Experience with development of Design Change packages, that are Digital and development of design change documentation.
- Experience with working in a broad range of I&C issues both on the component and system level.
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
- Candidates with a technical background and proven track record with experience in design will be considered.
- 3-15 years of related experience
- 50.59 (or equivalent)
- Standard Design Process
- Have a working knowledge of the NRC’s RIS 2002-22 including utilizing guidance from NEI 96-07 including Digital FMEA evaluations.
Job Requisition # 38169
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $93.08 - $98.08 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.