Find your next opportunity.
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Consulting Engineer in Mineral, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension with our client.
There is flexibility for a hybrid work schedule.
The candidate will fill a position as an I&C Project Engineer for a Power Station Digital I&C Program. The Digital I&C project is a 10+ year effort as part of Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) to upgrade safety and non-safety-related analog systems to digital and transform the main control room to flat panel displays and controls. This role works with a cross-functional team of station stakeholders, project leads, and project managers to evaluate modifications to the plant design
- Reviewing and/or preparing engineering products (e.g., Design / Engineering Change packages, Specifications, Calculations, Technical Evaluations.)
- Overseeing contracted engineering work and ensuring consistency and compliance with the company and industry standards.
- Providing technical support, input, and oversight for Factory and Site Acceptance Testing and Simulations (e.g., reviewing and approving procedures and observing activities).
- Interfacing with the primary equipment supplier and project stakeholders to support technical reviews and input.
- Analyzing engineering risk and failure modes and incorporating mitigating strategies in the designs.
- Reporting and presenting status to engineering team lead, project managers, and management team on a periodic basis.
- Supporting construction / implementation phase (e.g., design updates, field change evaluations, resolution of technical issues).
- Possess a 4-year Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent extensive electrical engineering field experience.
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license can be used in lieu of a 4-year degree
- 6+ years of directly-related electrical power design engineering experience in a power generating station, nuclear background strongly preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with nuclear power plant design, systems, and components
- Strong background in Electrical, Computer, or I&C Engineering fields
- Specification, technical, engineering writing ability
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Nuclear Operations experience (SRO/STA)
- 50.59 (or equivalent)
- Standard Design Process qualification for Nuclear Engineering Changes
- Engineering specification qualification
- Candidates will be expected to have or gain familiarity with our client’s nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station.
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and associated control system devices, computers, communications, and networks
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with power generation Industrial Control Systems and skills in the use of advanced control techniques;
- In-depth knowledge of industry advances in control system monitoring, testing and analysis of control equipment; and controls theory;
- Knowledge and experience of power plant controls, steam turbine control systems, combustion turbine control systems, balance of plant control systems;
- Knowledge and experience of electrical and electronics theory
Job Requisition #37466
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $83.67 - $88.67 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.