Find your next opportunity.
5995 Rogerdale Road Houston, TX 77072 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Contracts Advisor. This position is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility to extend to our client.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Advisor who is experienced in the construction industry to join our Project Management team (PMT). Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The primary role is contract development and administration functions. You will work both independently and part of a team to support all contract related tasks for all projects. You are also expected to look at contractual issues objectively, and resolve disputed change orders in proactive manner and achieve appropriate resolutions.
- Develop/ review different types of contracts/agreements for the projects.
- Administer the contracts and ensure all terms and conditions are implemented by all projects.
- Develop review contracting strategy & plan for different types of projects.
- Conduct market analysis to determine the best type of contract for the project and provide alternatives.
- Implement Saudi Aramco Procurement Manual for all contracts and consciously monitor implementation.
- Develop/review change order packages and ensure compliance to related guidelines and procedures.
- Develop/review negotiation strategies for change orders.
- Participate in negotiation meetings for all change orders.
- Ensure implementation of the supplier performance evaluation by project teams.
- Conduct/participate in counselling sessions with low performing contractors and log the required actions.
- Provide contracting consultations to project teams to resolve any issues/ disputes.
- Provide feedback to project teams regarding contract terms and conditions to avoid occurrence of disputes or breach to the contract.
- Develop/review contract amendments.
- Perform contract closeout actions upon project completion.
- Prepare/review contracting reports to management.
- Prepare/review different types of agreements/MOUs with external parties and potential JVs.
- Uphold work ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- 15+ years of experience in specialized contracting experience in design, consultancy, Joint Ventures, and construction contracts/agreements related to refining and the petrochemical industries, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- B.S. in LAW/contracts management and a higher degree
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language.
- Must have expert understanding of contract administration principle and best practices.
- 2+ years of experience in Debugging
- Dynamic attitude towards process improvements
- Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Job Requisition # 37912
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $80.00 - $105.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.