Find your next opportunity.
2340 US Highway 301 N Dunn, NC 28334 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Cost Accountant in Dunn, NC. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
Job Overview: #LI-LB1
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for determining, recording, and reporting unit costs factors, provide management with cost and comparative reports along with analyzing actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard to actual costs; analyze changes in raw material pricing and manufacturing overhead for effects on production costs; assist in developing, installing, and maintaining cost accounting methods and procedures. Duties will also assist with month end close and other related special projects. Support the accounting team and help create an environment of trust and productivity and continuous improvement. Provide demonstrated analytical and financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business is required. This role is also key in helping with the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and related operational analysis and other areas as required.
- Establish labor and overhead rates and classify costs accurately.
- Analyze work order variances and help maintain bills of material.
- Evaluate and maintain accurate standard costs.
- Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory movement.
- Generate PPV reports and analyze findings.
- Evaluate actual production costs as compared to expected costs.
- Lead and manage inventory costing and reserves processes and systems.
- Understand assigned plant's inventory composition, customer base and its relationship with monthly sales to aid when addressing month-end or daily issues.
- Assist with plants annual physical inventory counts.
- Assist with month-end close process to include closing the month's inventory accounts in the most efficient manner, reconciling to ensure accuracy.
- Assist Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department with general ledger account coding on issues relating to assigned plants.
- Other special projects as required.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the Company.
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively.
- Improve team and personal performance on a continual basis.
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience as cost accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MBA a plus
- Professional certification preferred, CPA or CMA
- JD Edwards ERP experience preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, including macros, advanced formulas, and data analysis.
- Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Thorough knowledge of finance, managerial accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload.
- Strong written and oral comprehension
Job Requisition #37161
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $90,000 - $95,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.