Find your next opportunity.
181 W Huntington Dr , Suite 110 Monrovia, CA 91016 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Cost Engineer to work in Monrovia, CA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
Prepares, reviews and monitors all cost data for capital expenditure projects as requested by various proponents. Provides the analysis and evaluation necessary for the interpretation of these projects. May coordinate or direct work performed by subordinate cost engineering personnel.
- Prepares cost estimates for the budget, contracts, amendments and change orders on assigned projects
- Reviews and assists in the preparation of the cost portions of construction contracts
- Reviews and analyzes all claims on projects' contracts
- Participates in the negotiation of projects' contracts
- Evaluates all project construction bids
- Prepares conceptual estimates, studies and other cost estimates and studies as required.
- Collects, monitors and analyzes all cost information to record the forecast of projects' total cost via the Project Expenditure Schedule
- Compares cost information collected to allocated funds and advises Project Managers prior to making commitments
- Initiates appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
- Coordinates the work of other Cost Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Engineering Assistants and Engineering Aides
- Provides staff assistance for the preparation and maintenance of CED cost reports.
- Coordinates within work group the preparation and submittal to management of the monthly cost reports, including MPU's Commitment/Expenditure Report and cash flows
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or Professional Engineering (PE) registration and ten years cost engineering, estimating, construction or design engineering. May consider a candidate who has a Bachelor degree in Business Administration with major in finance, accounting, or computer science, and fifteen years cost engineering, estimating, construction or design engineering. Must have a thorough knowledge of construction practices and procedures, construction equipment and construction material specifications and logistics. Must have a working knowledge of computers
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must be responsible individual who is cognizant of the confidential nature of the company estimate. Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Job Requisition #37041
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $63.40- $68.40 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.