Find your next opportunity.
Cyber Security Engineer
Remote Raleigh, NC 27617 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer. This position is entirely remote. This is a 1+ year contract assignment.
Like problem solving? Security issues your crossword puzzle? Our client is seeking an intelligent and motivated engineer to join their Network Security Team. As a member of the team, you will participate in solving a variety of security challenges using the latest in available technologies. Our client participates in the design, implementation, and management of security technologies across the globe. Their work routinely involves partnering with other groups and individuals to quickly deliver the best possible solution, so the ability to work without direct supervision and communicate technical issues is critical.
Imagine what your passion and dedication could do as a member of their team. Their goal is full stack network and systems security which includes total visibility across IT and OT. To achieve this goal, team members need to have a knowledge of on premise and cloud environments, as well as an understanding of the devices and applications found on such networks. Our client’s mission involves network access control, application and content filtering, network security, data protection, threat management, and network layer encryption.
- Work with the Engineering Team to understand and document the current state of Azure Network Security deployment including networks, firewalls, NSG, and other relevant components
- Work with various teams to create accurate connectivity and data flow diagrams of the Azure environment focused on the firewalls and network security
- Develop a transition plan to ensure a smooth transition of responsibilities for the Azure network security controls from the Engineering Team to the Security Operations Team
- Coordinate any needed Knowledge Transfer sessions to accommodate the transition of responsibility
- Assist the Security Operations Team with the support of the environment post transition as well as the deployment and tuning of any monitoring, management, or security tools that may be needed to ensure the security and availability of the environment and the components we are responsible for
- Certified MS Azure Fundamentals and Azure Security Engineer and experience managing Azure firewalls and NSGs
- Experience configuring VPN's
- Experience with remote access security
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Firemon and Tufin
- Basic networking knowledge and skills
- Ability to create network and other technical documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
Job Requisition #36795
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $60-69 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.