Find your next opportunity.
Data Tech III
520 Stacy Court, Unit B Lafayette, CO 80026 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Data Tech III to work with a team located in Lafayette, CO. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
This is an On-Site position. *Candidates MUST Reside in the greater Denver area. This is NOT a remote position
The Data Technician III will execute technically complex surveying and mapping assignments. The Data Technician will also review field survey data and documents to assess technical accuracy and compliance with Topographic Standards.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to start and complete projects with limited supervision. May manage multiple projects at one time.
- Interact professionally with internal and external clients.
- Convert all applicable data into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness, and speed.
- Utilize Trimble Business Center software to process field crew data and produce files for import into AutoCAD.
- Perform QA/QC procedures on work prepared by themselves and others.
- Communicate between PM and Field Crew to ensure work is complete and meets quality expectations.
- Communicate with other employees regarding project schedules.
- Mentor less experienced Data Techs.
- Provide technical expertise to internal personnel.
- Perform data processing from data collected from various types of survey equipment.
- Surface modeling, 2D planimetric/3D DTM data extraction.
- Proficient in CAD Software, Data Processing, File Maintenance Management and the ability to adapt to other software applications.
- Solid understanding of field survey procedures and survey data collection methods.
- Solid understanding of Coordinate Systems and Datums.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of mathematics used in field survey analysis.
- Working experience of Auto CAD/Civil 3D.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to draft reports and letters.
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $28 - $33 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.