Find your next opportunity.
Dell Client Field Technical
105 Despatch Drive East Rochester, NY 14445 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Dell, Client Field Technical Specialist in either Syracuse, Buffalo or Rochester, NY. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension with our client.
This position has a hybrid schedule with 25% remote and 75% travel to the above locations.
- Will be responsible for delivering infrastructure deployment services to our customers including the physical installation of hardware and the logical configuration of operating systems and software products either as the sole person and/or as part of a team.
- Will be expected to consume training quickly and start deploying our products in a short period of time.
- Must have 5+ years' experience
- Hands on, onsite installation experience of PowerMax / Vmax and PowerScale/Isilon.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Unquenchable desire to learn new technologies
- Strong Customer service skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Physical installation and Configuration of Dell storage systems PowerMax and VMAX (Includes racking, power on, loading Bin file, setting up remote connectivity, etc.)
- Physical installation and configuration of Dell PowerScale / Isilon systems (includes racking of hardware, configuring onsite and setting remote connectivity, etc.)
- Experienced installing and configuring network switches
- Able to perform onsite physical installation services as part of role
- Some weekend and afterhours work as scheduled. If working weekends, comp time will be given off during the week.
- A valid US passport is required
- Role includes up to 75% travel, 25% remote on average. Must provide own vehicle for local travel.
- Networking and/or file experience, Switch experience. Any other Dell EMC platforms like PowerStore, Data Domain and Unity a plus.
- Any Experience installing, configuring, administering Microsoft & Linux operating systems a plus
- Experience with installing and configuring Fiber Channel switches a plus
Job Requisition #37090
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $31.10 - $36.10 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.