Find your next opportunity.
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Designer I located in Surry VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility to extend with our client.
This position is an onsite opportunity.
Design, Draft and Review manual and electronic detailed Electrical/I&C engineering drawings, such as wiring & logic drawings, demolition drawings, layout drawings, and construction drawings. This position acts as a technical expert for Electrical/I&C detailing and drafting and may coordinate and direct the work of other lower level designers as applicable. Will require construction site visits. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Electrical/I&C design support for multiple Dominion Energy Power Generation generating stations
- Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawings in support of various power station engineering projects
- Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawing standards for Power Generation Engineering department
- Perform site investigations.
- Provide construction support.
- Review and comment on 3rd party Vendor, Architect, and Engineer drawing submittals
- Maintain & Update Electrical/I&C drawing record
- Bentley MicroStation CAD software experience
- AutoCAD CAD software experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/I&C engineering, design, & construction principles
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work independently; to complete drawings for large and/or complex systems; and to research and implement new applications within the Dominion CADD system
- Strong MicroStation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to: Office, Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform calculations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to be on-time and present in (office environment)
- Ability to be on-time and self-motivated in (remote environment)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite tools
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Webex, and other remote communication software
- Proficiency in ProjectWise drawing file management system
- 5+ years of Electrical design experience
Job Requisition # 38197
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $28.15 - $33.15 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.