Find your next opportunity.
Director of Government Relations Financial Services Cryptocurrency
Remote Atlanta, GA 30305 US
Are you an experienced Director of Government Relations? If so, let’s talk!
MUST have financial services and cryptocurrency compliance experience!
We are actively seeking a talented Director of Government Relations for our client.
This permanent, full-time position is 100% remote. Our client does not hire out of California.
What makes this company great is a great culture, good work-life balance, and collaborative environment. Along with a base salary, it comes with an annual bonus, equity, full benefits, 401k w/ matching, and a very generous PTO plan.
The Director of Government Affairs will be responsible for assisting the Chief Compliance Officer with implementing and supporting the Company's regulatory compliance program, including:
- Regulatory Monitoring and Tracking in the cryptocurrency ATM space on the Federal, State, and applicable International levels;
- Outreach and networking with key legislative and regulatory stakeholders in applicable jurisdictions.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Research and track current legislation and regulatory actions to keep Company leadership and other internal stakeholders informed of trends and new developments;
- Understand the Company’s business, risk, and compliance position on current initiatives to effectively communicate and advocate to key stakeholders;
- Cultivate a network of external business connections that can partner with, represent, and advance the Company's interests;
- Maintain lobbyist relationships in various jurisdictions and manage all required lobbyist registrations;
- Represent the Company at conferences and forums;
- Facilitate introductions of Company leadership with key stakeholders;
- Manage tracking systems and assist with Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics; and
- Support international compliance efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field;
- Established network of connections that are relevant for the role;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Four or more years of compliance-related experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and rules impacting the financial services and cryptocurrency industries;
- Sound understanding of compliance and operational risks and internal control frameworks;
- Strong analytical / research skills coupled with ability to effectively summarize findings in a succinct and organized manner;
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and results-oriented; able to make decisions independently; and
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
Desirables / Bonus Points:
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
A reasonable estimate of the pay for this role is $170,000 to $185,000 Base per year. That comes with a 8% Bonus + Equity.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.