Find your next opportunity.
Drafting Technician III
481 Winscott Rd Ste 200 Benbrook, TX 76126 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Drafting Technician III to work with a team located in Fort Worth, TX. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with our client.
This is a hybrid position with 2 days per week in Benbrook office. *Candidates MUST Reside in the greater DFW area. This is NOT a remote position
The Drafting Technician III will work with project teams to prepare and finalize project deliverables and contract documents in accordance with the company standards, municipal/jurisdictional requirements, survey standards, and client requirements.
- All of Drafting Technician II responsibilities, plus:
- Serve as a leader in the technical direction over other, less experienced Drafting Technicians and provide direction, guidance, and basic QC of assignments. Works independently with little to no technical mistakes.
- Prepare final drawings from field surveys for final approval and submission.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to start and complete projects with limited supervision. May manage multiple projects at one time.
- Interact professionally with internal and external clients.
- Convert all applicable data into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness, and speed.
- Read and understand client requests, municipal/jurisdictional standards & specifications, and other project-related documents and ensure they are adhered to.
- Draft final surveys from survey crew field notes and field data from base drawings.
- Check plats and/or alignments for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for PLS review.
- Submit plots to various municipal/jurisdictional agencies for review.
- Use knowledge of the Survey Industry and Oil/Gas practices to create and train others to create legible drawings that depict all pertinent aspects of the project.
- Conduct research using Google Earth, field notes, and/or GIS data from internal and other agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D (Required), Carlson (nice to have) oil/gas drafting experience.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD)
- Associates degree in Surveying
- Drafter Certification
Job Requisition # 37669
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $28 - $32 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.