Find your next opportunity.
Electrical Engineering Manager (Renewables)
2901 Dallas Pkwy , Suite 400 Plano, TX 75093 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Electrical Engineering Manager (Renewables) to work a hybrid schedule in Plano, TX. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager - Solar to support our Renewables Division. The position is for an engineering manager to oversee design teams for solar photovoltaic (PV) systems design. This individual is also be expected to serve as an Engineer of Record for Projects and Designee for our client where required by states where licensed for. As an Electrical Engineering manager – Solar the individual would be responsible for addressing concerns/issues from Market leaders and or Clients/Owners related to the service. This individual would support continual process improvement and be responsible for standards and QA/QC Documentation. This individual would also be responsible for coordinating utilization and workload between offices and services/subservices to balance/prioritize workload.
- Supervise and manage an electrical engineering team of up to 10 individuals.
- Manage, coordinate, and drive employee career path development.
- Implement Risk Management best practices and build internal organizational processes for consistency across organization.
- Cultivate and mature our client’s relationships with existing clients and assist in fostering new ones.
- Manage the electrical engineering portion of the BoP design of industrial-to-utility scale solar and/or hybrid renewable energy projects.
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of team’s work product, and ensuring projects remain within budget.
- Coordinate with other project disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical/structural engineers, and surveyors.
- Responsible for overseeing team’s drawing packages, electrical calculations, and studies (e.g. ampacity study, cable schedules, voltage/power loss calculations, etc.).
- Coordinate with clients, utilities, and AHJs.
- QA/QC of design work performed on projects for which you are the lead electrical engineer responsible for the project.
- Maintain awareness of currently available equipment and industry best practices
- Collaborate with and support other electrical engineering teams to balance and distribute workload amongst them.
- Oversee development of new and upgrades to existing proprietary electrical engineering tools.
- Support leadership, existing and future organizational staffing needs.
- 4-year Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Renewable Energy, or other related degree
- Electrical PE License or the ability to be licensed in multiple states.
- Approximately 8 - 12 years of experience in the design of PV solar, electrical distribution, generation, and/or general electrical construction.
- Adept and proficient at reading/creating construction drawings and specifications.
- 3+ years leading discipline specific design work as part of a broader multi-discipline project(s).
- Able to act as a subject matter expert of the overall design and construction of electrical infrastructure for industrial-to-utility scale PV and/or hybrid projects.
- Expansive knowledge of NEC and NESC and their application to Renewable energy technology applications
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of an electrical power system modeling software(s)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to achieve organizational and team goals, with minimal oversite.
- Experience with writing technical proposals, managing project/client portfolios, and providing accurate estimates of time and resources necessary based on Scope.
- Must have an exceptional work ethic along with an indefatigable positive attitude.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple concurrent demands, individuals, and/or projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to use AutoCAD in a limited capacity.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, Alternative Energy Engineering, or similar program.
- NABCEP Certification
- Experience with energy storage systems (battery, flywheel, or capacitor)
- Familiarity with major components of a PV plant’s SCADA system, and/or conceptual understanding of SCADA systems.
- Proficiency with ETAP, DiGSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, SKM, and/or CYME to model electrical power systems.
- Past experience working for EPCs, developers, and/or construction contractors in the renewable energy sector.
- Experience with PVsyst, Helioscope, SAM, or other PV production modeling software
- Experience with PVCase or similar Software Programs
Job Requisition #37565
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $120,000 - $145,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.