Find your next opportunity.
Embedded Software Engineer - Firmware
401 Harrison Oaks Blvd Cary, NC 27513 US
This is a hybrid position with 3 days in office per week.
Under the responsibility of the embedded software development manager, the embedded software developer will have several mandates within the engineering team SecureMesh WAN. He/She will participate in the design and implementation of technical solutions that touch all layers of the OSI model. It will therefore be called upon to write low-level drivers (e.g. proprietary protocol WLAN, SPI, DMA, UART, etc.); Collaborate with the hardware design team and develop application protocols, all in a real-time embedded system context. He/she may also be called upon to support the deployment team by providing the technical expertise necessary to solve complex problems, which may require him to travel to our customers around the world.
- Participate in the design and development of our wireless products based on our proprietary protocol based on IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n;
- Develop new features for our products as needed and in response to requests from customers and the business development team;
- Make changes to improve the reliability, performance and maintenance of our products;
- Make the necessary modifications to support new material revisions;
- Support certification activities;
- Actively participate in design reviews;
- Write software specification and design documents;
- Act as a technical resource for internal and external clients.
- Occasionally participate in field test exercises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or related training
- 5+ years of experience
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing required. French knowledge an asset
- Experience in the design and development of real-time embedded systems (RTOS);
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Teamwork skills in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Ability to connect and configure a variety of networking hardware components, including Ethernet switches and VPN/VLAN routers;
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectral analyzers and/or JTAG debugging tools;
- Good command of C/C++
- Good command of GIT
- Good command of ITM
- Ability to read and understand material schematics and data sheets
- Knowledge of VxWorks, embedded Linux or other RTOS
- Knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/x (WLAN) is an asset
- Knowledge of Qualcomm/Atheros ath9k technology is an asset
- Knowledge of embedded processors (such asARM, PowerPC, MIPS, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with networking protocols (Ethernet, WLAN, WIFI, TCP/IP, IPsec VPN, VLAN, FTP, SSH, SNMP, HTTP, NTP, and DHCP) as well as packet inspection and analysis of associated protocols and applications an asset
- Ability to organize work and deliver on time
- Highly motivated, works with minimal supervision and attention to detail.
Job Requisition #37510
A reasonable estimate for this role could range from $85,000 to $140,000. The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.