Find your next opportunity.
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Engineer I to work a hybrid schedule in Charlotte, NC. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of well-defined problems in area of expertise.
- Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities; deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team.
- Conducts engineering and related studies; projects and assignments are clearly defined with focus on development but must be able to complete routine engineering projects with minimal oversight; competent to design, operate and maintain systems with minimum impact on existing systems.
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical competencies and has ability to interpret technical information and instructions.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Participate in R&D opportunities with vehicle or component manufacturers including prototype testing, voice of customer studies, etc.
- Develop and implement systems to gather data from test or demonstration vehicles.
- Provide overall engineering support for vehicle and equipment acquisition and technical support activities.
- Manage specification development and acquisition activities for certain groups of vehicles and equipment.
- Provide overall analysis to determine appropriate replacement cycle for fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. A Master's degree in Engineering will be considered in lieu of the B.S. Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of Engineering experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Process improvement skills and experience.
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in the utility industry.
Job Requisition #36981
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $28.34 - $33.34 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.