Find your next opportunity.
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Project Manager II to work with a team in Charlotte, NC. This is a 3-year contract assignment with the possibility of extension with our client.
- This is the second level of the Siting classification hierarchy. Resources at this level solve complex problems, manage work, and provide support to others in Siting, potentially with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work. This level is expected to provide guidance as well as have advanced skills and work independently.
- They consult on strategic and highly complex work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- With Latitude for Un-reviewed Work:
- This position provides guidance and leadership to ensure consistent practices in siting and routing transmission facilities and also ensures consistent filings for these facilities. This position works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives.
- Acts as a siting and routing subject matter expert and provides specialized technical expertise and judgment to resolve complex siting issues.
- Ability to potentially works independently under consultative direction. Works with wide latitude to plan, conduct and direct work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Assignments are self-initiated.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining procedures and programs to ensure new facilities comply with applicable laws and regulations. Strives to continually develop and improve expert technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
- Represents the Company in public meetings required for a wide range of regulatory entitlements, local land use approvals and other presentation opportunities including project workshops and open houses. (Internal Siting Leadership approval required).
- Applies advanced knowledge of multiple disciplines while working across a number of functional areas to obtain results on major projects. Participates as a recognized expert in Siting issues.
- Strives to continually develop and improve technical knowledge and skill to
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Geography, Planning or other related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of job-related experience
- Ten (10) years of experience siting/routing infrastructure projects or supporting land development permitting within multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully influence outcome with a high level of collaboration.
- Demonstrates ability to manage/lead personnel from diverse groups working toward a common goal or objective.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Program/project management process understanding and project task coordination experience especially in the areas of scope development, schedule adherence and budget oversight.
- Experience in public speaking, especially presentations supporting zoning applications, state/federal permits or project open houses; other related examples of effective communication.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- High expertise required in the areas of land planning, linear infrastructure routing, and regulatory approval processes. Experience in preparation of detailed and complex regulatory filings.
- Ability to facilitate a diverse team of internal and external subject matter experts through decision making processes in order to drive consensus.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provides technical expertise and judgment to resolve issues.
- Evaluates and reviews basic proposed and existing codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on company programs and facility operations and assists in comments to the project team.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge on land use, siting, permitting, and environmental laws and regulations and a working knowledge of technical aspects of siting requirements.
- Collaborates with Siting team members on workload to help determine, develop and/or improve approaches to solutions procedures.
- Responsible for serving as the expert for complex projects to ensure that siting transmission facilities are meeting federal, state and local laws and regulations in addition to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Training and/or work experience in design/analytic software a plus (CAD, GIS)
- Experience in technical and comprehensive report writing
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $63 - $70 hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.