Find your next opportunity.
REMOTE: Engineering/Design Manager (Underground Utilities)
445 Marine View Ave, Suite 130 Del Mar, CA 92014 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented REMOTE: Engineering/Design Manager (Underground Utilities) to work with a team in San Diego, CA or Lakewood, CO. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client offering Remote flexibility. *Candidates must reside in CA or CO
This is a professional position responsible for managing, training, coordinating, and providing oversight of electric and gas transmission and distribution underground engineering as well as communications underground engineering. This position is also responsible for implementing best engineering methods, pursuing business development opportunities and maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Assignments will include providing technical guidance and management to engineering teams, supporting established organization objectives by developing goals and strategies and overseeing group financials. The successful candidate will possess a broad, extensive, and deep understanding of both engineering principles and management practices, and demonstrate the ability to apply that knowledge and experience to all aspects of operations.
- Functional leader of underground utility engineering team
- Responsible for group financials
- Reports to and functions with executive management
- Maintains good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees all hiring and personnel decisions within team
- Implements best practice engineering methods, develops training programs and performs training for team employees in collaboration with other management
- Measures, reports and controls team performance against established best practices and team goals
- Interacts with other teams to bid on and complete projects, cross-train employees, share best practices
- Responsible for technical performance of team, provides technical guidance to engineers in collaboration with other management
- Support established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies for team
- Create/develop/supervise drawing packages for bidding, construction, as-built, and submittal purposes
- Ensure team has tools to be successful: software, hardware, field, etc.
- Adheres to and further develops company vision for entire team
- Shares responsibility for employee satisfaction and engagement
- Finds and implements ways to improve cost-efficiency
- Assists with and supervises the development and preparation of project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards, and best practices applicable to our functional area, including but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, R US Design Guidelines, the National Electric Safety Code, California General Order 128, DOT 49 CFR 192, and ASME B3l.8.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to others, as required
- Sets engineering policy and practices to be implemented for team and ensures that QA/QC policies are adhered to
- Provides support to business development or pursuit activities
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other similarly related engineering disciplines (preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (preferred)
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in underground utility engineering and design, including a minimum of three (3) years of management experience leading engineering teams
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of engineering design for service line, including AutoCAD Civil3D and familiarity with land survey techniques and coordinate reference systems.
- Advanced knowledge of other applicable design software
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices, including computer applications
- Extensive knowledge of field techniques for construction
- Extensive knowledge of safe working practices
- Extensive knowledge of project management practices and financials o
- Extensive client relationships and professional network within industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Action-mindset; having the ability to move from thinking about something to doing it
- Strong team player: Accomplish tasks by working with others and recognizing how his/her decisions may impact the team and have a willingness to seek input from others
- Time Management: Have the ability to successfully plan and accomplish tasks within an established timeline
- Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and other related applications
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels
- Work independently with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time on an annual basis.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
- An advanced engineering degree
- Member of an Industry organization (ASME, ASCE, IEEE, NESC, etc.)
- Master's degree in business administration
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $100,000 - $160,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.