Find your next opportunity.
Engineering Technologist III
2166 Palmetto Street Clearwater, FL 33765 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Engineering Technologist III located in Clearwater, FL. This is a 1-year contract opportunity.
This is a hybrid position with some opportunity to work from home.
The Engineering Technologist III is responsible for the management of transmission distribution underbuild work order designs execution through external design support. The program manager will be responsible for ensuring all work order designs meet scope, high-level quality requirements. and are completed on schedule.
- Act as Liaison between distribution and transmission for all related work
- Attend all project review meetings
- Create and manage all transmission work orders
- Ensure staking is completed by CEP prior to construction
- Verify that the pre-reqs for permits and staking are completed prior to pre-con.
- Ensure work order tasks are in appropriate status to ensure proper work order closeout/in-service.
- Ensure date management of all TDUB WOs (includes updating any inactive assigned personnel within Cost Mgmt to the project).
- Create project “MX” through Cost Management tool.
- Assign design work to contract engineering partner (CEP). External design support.
- Perform a high-level QA/QC of CEP designs
- Interface regularly with CEPs regarding engineering and be able to provide updates to Asset Design directors and any Transmission contacts necessary
- Create Transmission Switching work orders
- Support cleanup of aged/backlogged work orders
- Graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Working knowledge of transmission distribution underbuild project design
- Working knowledge of distribution designs and Pole Foreman
- Working knowledge and experiencing working in Maximo
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge/experience in the electric utility industry.
- Understanding and working knowledge of basic principles of project management.
Job Requisition # 37451
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $31.10 – 36.10 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.