Find your next opportunity.
Engineering Technologist III
4412 Hillsborough Road Durham, NC 27705 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Engineering Technologist II to work a hybrid schedule in Durham, NC. This is a multi-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Managing a queue of work orders through MAXIMO
- Contacting customers
- Meeting with developers/builders on site for field notes
- Designing primary (OH and UG) and secondary/services to serve new load
- Performing designs through BOUD/MAXIMO
- Maintaining customer contact and updates until meter is set
- Support activities for the above (request ROW / DOT encroachment, stake job in field, Environmental permit requests, long-lead material requests, etc.)
- Major storm support as a scout/damage-assessor. Will involve driving to outage events, documenting damage and required resources (no hands-on electrical work)
- B.S. in engineering technology and 3-7 years’ experience
- OR associate degree in engineering technology with 5-11 years’ experience
- OR 8-17 years’ equivalent experience without degree.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
Job Requisition #36906
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $31.71 - $36.71 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.