Find your next opportunity.
Environmental Regulatory Manager
120 Tredegar Street Richmond, VA 23219 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Environmental Regulatory Manager in Richmond, VA. This is a 1-year contract opportunity.
This position will be hybrid, with 3 days per week in office required. Up to 25% travel may be required.
Position has responsibility for conducting reviews of proposed electric transmission projects to determine environmental permitting requirements and obtaining environmental permits in Virginia and North Carolina. In general, the individual will be working with project managers to understand the scope of a project, then engaging with external consultants and directing the work of these consultants to create the permit applications and other deliverables, while managing the quality and timeliness of the vendor’s work.
- Coordinate with project managers to understand the scope of new and replacement electric transmission projects and apply knowledge of environmental regulations to determine what, if any, environmental permits are required.
- Determine environmental permit applicability with specific knowledge of CWA Section 404/401, ESA Section 7, NHPA Section 106, Erosion and Sediment Control, and Virginia and North Carolina Stormwater Management Programs;
- With support from other vendors, prepare applications and secure environmental permits or clearances required for construction.
- Communicate environmental compliance requirements to project teams and field personnel. Depending on the project, communications may be held during project site meetings.
- Technical assistance to sites/projects for environmental compliance.
- Interpret environmental permits and regulations to ensure that compliance dates and requirements are met.
- Communicate with regulatory agency representatives, negotiate permit conditions, represent Client during regulatory inspections, and other regulatory meetings.
- Oversight and technical direction of contractors and consultants including preparation of scopes of work, purchase requisitions, permit applications, permit support materials, and invoice approval.
- Adherence to environmental policy, guidance, and work practices.
- Adherence to safety rules and safety performance expectations.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with environmental permitting.
- Permitting of construction projects with land and water impact
- Ability to juggle multiple projects from multiple project managers
- Familiarity with stormwater permitting
- Experience with permits related to wetlands (including threatened and endangered species and cultural resource coordination), erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management.
- Regulatory agency experience or experience representing an organization with regulatory agencies is required.
- Experience with environmental permitting of linear utilities (gas, electric, water or sewer) is a plus.
- Experience overseeing consultants is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental justice issues is a plus.
- Familiarity with wetlands, endangered species, cultural resource permitting for construction projects.
- Ability to communicate with wide variety of staff, including designers, constructors, regulators, management
Job Requisition # 37190
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $54.10 - $59.10 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.