Find your next opportunity.
GSP Project Manager
600 Canal Place Richmond, VA 23219 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented GSP Project Manager to work with a team in Richmond, VA. This is a 9-month contract assignment with the possibility of extension with our client.
- Seeking an experienced staff Project Manager to provide project management support for various cyber security programs including Industrial Control System (ICS) security upgrades, Cyber Security Minimum Standards, and Solar Phase Three cyber security upgrades.
- Individuals with Cyber Security and NERC project management experience are highly sought.
- The Project Manager position leads and supports the execution of capital projects. Experience required with major power plants and equipment including but not limited to turbines, generators, pumps, motors, control systems, electrical/instrumentation, operations, and other balance-of-plant systems.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, be able to work with minimum supervision, and have effective communication skills. Candidates must be able to qualify for work in the field including confined space, climbing stairs and ladders, wearing a respirator, etc.
- Ensure all projects are executed with Safety and Environmental Compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
- Manages or supports specific phases of major projects including project development support, site development, permitting support (air, water, state, local, etc.), scope development, major contract negotiations (equipment, engineering, EPC, etc.), engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning and transition to operation.
- Manages all phases of smaller improvement projects including permitting, contract negotiations, engineering contracts, construction contracts, construction activities and commissioning.
- Develops and manages overall project budget and schedule for major and smaller projects.
- Manage the approved project financial spend plan and cost forecast, making decisions to meet project financial goals.
- Manage contracts / commercial aspects of the project with our clients’ suppliers and contractors.
- Utilize the PM Tollgate process to manage the various stages of the project.
- Manage all project related administrative requirements as per PM process.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, relevant technologies, and leadership in the assigned project areas.
- Working knowledge of power generation and pollution control equipment. General knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
- Familiarity with OSHA scaffolding requirements and industry safety practices.
- Strong team building skills, demonstrated skill and ability in effectively leading teams to achieve project goals and milestones.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet construction deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability in handling multiple distinct projects at one time.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to develop, manage and monitor project performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
- Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums
- Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail. Skilled in comparing construction specifications and material requirements to physical and material work products.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting manuals, technical instructions and drawings, with an ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- BS degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience in the field of construction, engineering, and/or management with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in project management.
- The PM will self-manage travel between assigned sites as required, if multiple sites are included in the job posting specifics.
Job Requisition # 36713
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $83 - $89 hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.