Find your next opportunity.
Generation Construction Project Manager
600 Canal Place Richmond, VA 23219 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Generation Construction Project Manager in Richmond, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
The Commissioning Manager will report to the Director Construction Projects – Offshore Wind. The Commissioning Manager is responsible for organization, planning, and implementation of the Offshore Sub Station commissioning plan, and Wind Turbine Generator commissioning plan as required by the OEM, installation or fabrication contractor, and interconnect agreement. Close day to day interaction with the site construction team and the Construction Manager will be required to ensure all equipment is commissioned and delivered as required in a timely manner. The candidate will be required to work with the commissioning managers and teams of various prime Contractors to aid in the development of a commissioning strategy that will meet the Owner’s requirements. This person will use the contracted scope and technical specifications to ensure that the OSS and WTG’s are constructed, tested, and delivered with all required documents and certificates needed for service.
- Review, comment, and assist in the development of commissioning plan/specifications for Offshore Sub Station and Wind Turbine Generator installation (including foundation and transition pieces).
- Monitor and report of status of commissioning activities.
- Confirm mechanical and electrical as built documentation is current and in compliance.
- Liaise with Operations and Marine Coordinators regarding work plans and requirements of main component and installation contractors.
- Provide advice and recommendations to ensure the continuing development of construction, commissioning and operations philosophies, strategies, and procedures.
- Verify that all turnover documentation for testing, commissioning, and maintenance are provided per the Contract.
- Liaise with BSEE (Bureau of Safety & Environmental Enforcement) in meeting requirements for Commissioning oversight.
- Ensure that tests are carried out and commissioning work documented according to rules, procedures, and templates.
- Review and monitor progress of commissioning. Provide accurate reporting in daily progress reports.
- Act as the technical consultant for queries related to commissioning of all systems and equipment of the Offshore Wind project.
- Provide support to the project team and assist in resolving technical, commissioning and warranty issues.
- Attend FAT’s as required (may involve international or domestic travel); Including but not limited to components and equipment for the OSS, Foundations, Transition Pieces, Wind Turbine Generators
- Ensure that all commissioning activities are fully documented, and that this documentation is properly controlled and made available to the Operations Group.
- Manage closeout of any punch list items that arise during commissioning
- Manage warranty issues, in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Conduct critical reviews and/or assessments of construction and commissioning systems and processes.
- Prepare weekly and/or daily commissioning status reports.
- Coordinate commissioning walk-downs together with the supplier.
- Report in NCs, follow up on closure of relevant quality issues.
- Participate in review, preparation, and coordination of detailed commissioning schedules.
- Verify that tests are carried out and documented.
- Review of tests to ensure compliance with commissioning manual / Contract.
- Ensure readiness of take-over documentation and quality status for Operations team.
- Participate in verifying that HSE procedures are implemented.
- Co-ordinate handover from manufacturing and to installation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marine engineering or other engineering discipline. Will also consider equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years’ experience in design/construction/commissioning.
- Experience in offshore wind construction or industrial environment
- Good knowledge of marine, mechanical, electrical, and controls system. Familiar with marine safety systems.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- GWO training
- Offshore / Maritime experience
Job Requisition #36995
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $80.58 - $85.58 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.