Find your next opportunity.
Generation Construction Project Manager
600 Canal Place Richmond, VA 23219 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Generation Construction Project Manager in Richmond, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension with our client.
This position is for a Marine Warranty Surveyor Project Manager to represent our client for a project. The project entails the construction and installation of 176 wind turbine generators and 3 offshore substations; as well as, associated cables and equipment.
The Project Manager will report to the Manager Site Construction – Offshore Wind and be responsible for working with the Project’s Marine Warranty Surveyor to manage the marine warranty offshore work scopes which include the planning and installation of foundations (FOU), transition pieces (TPs), wind turbine generators (WTGs), offshore substation (OSS) and inter-array/export cables. The candidate will liaison with the Project’s marine warranty surveyor and oversee the day-to-day activities to ensure the successful transport, storage, and installation of the work on time and budget, while ensuring the highest standards of health, safety, environmental, marine, and quality performance. Close day to day interaction with prime Contractors, Package Managers, Health & Safety Manager, and Marine Coordinators will be required to coordinate the safe install of all equipment in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Project’s Marine Warranty Surveyor and oversee the day-to-day activities to ensure the successful transport, storage, and installation of the work on time and budget, while ensuring the highest standards of health, safety, environmental, marine, and quality performance.
- Assist Package Manager to ensure Contractor compliance with installation and commissioning scope of work and implementation of the project’s execution strategy.
- Work with Marine Warranty Surveyor to ensure documents are submitted, reviewed and approved in a timely manager
- Coordinate with the Health & Safety Manager and Marine Warranty Surveyor to assist with regular inspections, audits, and emergency preparedness/response drills to set and maintain a safe system of work during offshore operations.
- Assist with verifying that all turnover documentation are provided per the Contract and made available to the Marine Warranty Surveyor, Package Managers and Operations team.
- Liaise with insurance and risk team to ensure independent third-party technical reviews and approvals are completed for high-value, high risk marine construction and transportation activities
- Participate in site walk downs.
- Prepare and maintain activity status reports.
- Participate in review, preparation, and coordination of detailed construction schedules.
- Assist with the coordination of work between package managers, and prime Contractors to identity, escalate and resolve potential issues before interface/operational delays.
- A minimum of 10 plus years’ experience in offshore construction projects and/or construction/commissioning projects.
- 5 years’ experience in offshore wind construction environment.
- Relevant experience working on a complex construction project offshore on a vessel with marine warranty surveyors and/or ECPI contractors.
- Good knowledge of marine, mechanical, electrical, and controls systems. Familiar with marine safety systems.
- Experience serving as a Marine Warranty Surveyor for offshore construction activities.
- Experience in the development and implementation of site rules, permit to work, and permit compliance processes.
- Proficient with interpreting technical drawings, documents & management reports.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple work fronts.
- Ability to work in a team environment and help resolve conflict.
- Proven experience and track record in construction contract administration.
Job Requisition #37552
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $76.80 - $81.80 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.