Find your next opportunity.
Global Tax Director
3901 S Miami Blvd. Durham, NC 27703 US
This role offers a hybrid work schedule.
The Global Tax Director is a trusted advisor to executive management, providing guidance on tax consequences of business decisions. The Global Tax Director is responsible for completion of federal, international, and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support. This position has oversight of the tax returns for the Company's international subsidiaries. Responsible for property tax functions as well as audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings. Manages accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors. Oversees transfer pricing and management fee arrangements. The Global Tax Director acts as a liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues. Ensures that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes. Operates as departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications. The Global Tax Director assists the CFO and CLO with tax planning issues as required.
The Global Tax Director role is extremely complex. The role must have a strong technical background, education, and experience. Tax laws are evolving and becoming more complex. The Global Tax Director must maintain relationships with a wide array of people including executive management, governmental agencies, and external audit firms. Tax laws vary by jurisdiction, and we operate in over 30 countries.
The Global Tax Director's decisions and performance have a direct impact on the amount of tax expense incurred by the Company. The Global Tax Director role includes cash flow, income tax assessments, customer billing, financial reporting, and compliance with tax rules and regulations. The Global Tax Director reduces tax risk and cost by properly managing the Company tax positions and business transactions. The impact can be in the millions.
- Global tax compliance, income tax accounting, and internal controls.
- Global transfer pricing policy and compliance.
- Global tax controversy (tax audits).
- US tax compliance - federal, state, and local.
- Vendor management (relationship and cost).
- Tax planning.
- Manage, develop staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Tax with 12+ years of experience.
- Expert knowledge on ASC - 740 (Income tax accounting).
- Experience managing large, complex income tax provisions.
- Experience managing global tax compliance.
- Experience managing external auditors.
- Analytical with strong project and time management skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Skilled in managing and optimizing effective relationships with multiple external organizations.
Job Requisition # 37847