Find your next opportunity.
8537 Six Forks Rd Raleigh, NC 27615 US
We are seeking a Mid or Senior level Hardware/Electrical Engineer for a direct hire role with our client in Raleigh, NC.Due to client requirements, US Citizenship is required.
This role will work in the office during onboarding and training; after that time, a hybrid work schedule is possible.
For this position, we are looking for highly skilled Electrical Engineers to develop cutting-edge technology for the United States Department of Defense within our client's Military Embedded Systems and Applications group. As part of the team, you will help develop custom hardware and firmware solutions supporting a variety of applications, including augmented reality technology used by the US Army and others to improve the situational awareness of our Soldiers on the battlefield.
Our client's augmented reality solution provides accurate, timely information so that teams can make the right decisions and operate with enhanced safety and speed. It is not an overstatement to say that this capability will save lives, by improving coordination, decisiveness, and communication.
Specifically, we need engineers and scientists who have the ability and interest to design complex embedded systems, including architecture development, detailed design, schematic capture, PCB layout, and FPGA RTL development and simulation.
Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit who are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have:
- US citizenship required
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the development of custom circuit cards
- Experience in FPGA RTL design and simulation
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multimeters
Preferred Experience & Skills:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you will succeed in the role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
- Experience designing circuit cards with high-speed interfaces, including an understanding of best practices for PCB design for signal and power integrity
- Experience designing circuit cards with high-density interconnect technologies, including blind / buried vias
- Experience with VHDL
- Experience with Xilinx SoC FPGAs and Vivado
- Existing or prior US security clearance