Find your next opportunity.
IBM Websphere Administrator - DB2, AIX & IBM Cloud
Remote Denver, CO 80014 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented IBM Websphere Administrator - DB2, AIX & IBM Cloud. This position is 100% remote. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with our client.
We are seeking an experienced IBM Websphere Administrator with expertise in DB2, AIX, and IBM Cloud to join our team. The IBM Websphere Administrator will be responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining the Websphere Application Server environment and associated middleware components. The ideal candidate should have experience in administering Websphere on AIX, integrating with DB2 databases, and deploying applications on IBM Cloud.
- Install, configure, and maintain Websphere Application Server (WAS) and associated middleware components on AIX
- Develop, document, and maintain technical procedures and operational support documentation for the Websphere environment
- Monitor and tune the Websphere environment for optimal performance and availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the Websphere environment, including application deployment, connectivity, and security
- Integrate Websphere with DB2 databases, and perform DB2 database maintenance tasks
- Deploy applications on IBM Cloud and troubleshoot issues related to cloud infrastructure and services
- Implement security measures for the Websphere environment, including SSL/TLS and other encryption technologies
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations for process and technology improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IBM Websphere administration, AIX, and DB2
- Experience in deploying applications on IBM Cloud
- Strong understanding of Websphere Application Server architecture and components
- Strong scripting skills in Shell, Python, or other languages
- Experience in implementing security measures for Websphere, including SSL/TLS and other encryption technologies
- Experience with monitoring and performance tuning of the Websphere environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
Job Requisition #37107
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $54.85 - $59.85 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.