Find your next opportunity.
IT Help Desk Technician
915 E Jefferson Ave West Memphis, AR 72301 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented IT Help Desk Technician in West Memphis, AR. This is a 3-month contract-to-hire opportunity with our client.
As a help desk technician, you will be required to respond to queries in person and over the phone, assess and diagnose computer hardware and software problems, and implement effective solutions. You may also be required to provide basic computer training, modify hardware systems, install computer peripherals, and perform basic computer maintenance. To ensure success as a help desk specialist, you should have advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware systems, excellent diagnostic skills, and high-level communication skills. A skilled help desk specialist provides fast and effective support over the phone and in person.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Travel onsite to troubleshoot and install computer related hardware
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of workstation PCs and other computer-related hardware
- Installing and maintaining any job-specific software
- Maintaining all printers/scanners and assisting in future projects
- Provide help-desk support and resolve problems to user's satisfaction
- Maintain system configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Assist with on-boarding of new users, assign users and computers to proper groups
- Document internal procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Ability to solve difficult and complex problems
- Proficient in use of Windows based computer software.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role
- A+ Certification and Network + Certification preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of legacy phone systems and VOIP
Job Requisition #37972
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $18.00 - $21.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.