Find your next opportunity.
IT Software Asset Manager
Allendale Bergen County, NJ 07401 US | Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 TELECOMMUTE US
The IT Software Asset Manager will contribute to a team of IT Asset Management (ITAM) Specialists working to assist Stryker stakeholders in understanding their Hardware and Software Environments from a license management and entitlement perspective. The IT Software Asset Manager will join the ITAM Team to focus primarily on the discovery, collection and analysis of Tier 1 Applications, consumable software, and hardware information. The IT Software Asset Manager will focus primarily on the discovery and collection of software / hardware inventory but may also be involved in the software / hardware life-cycle - advising customers on license entitlements, purchasing, deployment, decommissioning, and license re-allocation. The candidate will need to be familiar with the licensing of most major publishers' products and their use rights, such as SAP and Salesforce, with specific expertise in Oracle.
- IT Software Asset Manager – Oracle, SAP, Salesforce will contribute to a team of ITAM Specialists working to assist Stryker stakeholders in understanding their Hardware and Software Environments
- IT Software Asset Manager – Oracle, SAP, Salesforce will join the Software Asset Management (ITAM) Team to focus primarily on the discovery, collection and analysis of software and hardware information.
- IT Software Asset Manager – Oracle, SAP, Salesforce will focus primarily on the discovery and collection of software / hardware inventory but may also be involved in the software / hardware life-cycle - advising customers on license entitlements, purchasing, deployment, decommissioning, and license re-allocation.
- IT Software Asset Manager - Oracle, SAP, Salesforce will be become familiar with our preferred discovery tools, as well as other approved department tools and technologies.
- Guides customers through the process of collecting software / hardware installation data.
- Understand the underlying discovery tools and network technologies to help isolate and resolve customer problems when it comes to gathering asset hardware and software information.
- Support the development, constant enhancement, and update of inventory tools for Oracle IT Asset Management
- Provide support and technical consultancy to support Oracle ITAM Consultants with providing customers with Oracle ITAM best practices.
- Perform accurate analysis of collected data, including analysis of Oracle Database Feature Usage Statistics and Oracle Options in order to establish Oracle licensable options and packs and Oracle Middleware products.
- Consult with ITAM Consultants and customers to improve processes and services.
- Quality check of customers' hardware and software asset information by the ITAM Systems Engineers, ITAM Technician and/or ITAM Administrator to maintain an accurate and complete inventory.
- Identify potential "problem" areas within customer environments and provide advice on problem resolution.
- Ensure timely completion of technical measurement process steps as well as present and explain results to internal and external stakeholders using a variety of reports and BI visualizations.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and new ITAM services requirements.
- The candidate will need to become familiar with the licensing of several major Tier 1 publishers' products and their use rights with expertise in Oracle.
- Ability to validate Oracle SaaS/IaaS/PaaS usage reports against what is owned.
- Oracle DBA experience, experience with Oracle Middleware, and Oracle Applications
- Experience with JDE, Agile, EBS, Demantra, CPQ
- Ability to access systems and determine users accessing and application modules that require licensing.
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware, Citrix, App-V and Terminal Services
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit: a desire and willingness to "do whatever it takes."
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the IT Asset life cycle including licensing, purchasing, deploying, tracking, reporting, decommissioning, and harvesting software and hardware assets
- Client-oriented, professional services mind-set
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Good research skills and the ability to manage details.
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment.
- Proven experience in ITAM in a similar or same field
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to create high-quality documentation with precision.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized and methodical.
- Strong Knowledge of and experience with domain administration (Active Directory, group policies, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with operating system administration (registry, permissions, etc.)
- Skilled knowledge of database systems, Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Microsoft Server usage and language (read, understand SQL scripts) DBA background preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience