Find your next opportunity.
Junior Java Developer
Remote Atlanta, GA 30301 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Junior Java Developer. This is an 11-month contract opportunity.
This position is a remote opportunity excluding CA, DC, or NY locations.
Looking for a Junior Java Developer to support a Federal Health Client. The work will focus on the discovery and advancement of open-source solutions in the laboratory domain.
- The Junior Developer will be responsible for testing and editing code to support the development of a seamless user experience using Java. As a member of a core Java development team, the Junior Developer will ensure code is prepared for collaboration with back-end data and service-layer teams.
- The Junior Developer will support the review of existing code while working closely with a diverse software development team. There will be a focus on ensuring accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements. This is a hands-on development role that will offer exposure to the full development cycle whilst working closely with the business team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in user interface (UI) development on Java; experience with UI development for desktop applications
- Strong experience with Java and the associated toolchain for development of enterprise applications
- Familiarity with concurrent programming, including experience programming responsive UI with background computation threads supporting a single foreground presentation thread
- Familiarity with data structure and algorithms including experience with graph data structures and optimizing code for space and time efficiency
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and modern software development practices: version control, issue trackers, automated documentation, etc.
- Experience with web services
- Experience implementing binary serialization
- Experience developing custom Java GUI controls
- Strong problem-solving and written and oral communication skills.
- 1+ years Java application development experience
- Java FX GUI experience
- Deep interest in delivering quality user experience to drive early adoption
- Knowledge of user interface best practices
- Familiarity with Java Swing
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues and optimize web applications
- Experience with Health IT based research
- An understanding of HL7
- Statistical process controls, HRO, learning health systems
- Understanding of Health IT systems development
- Experience working in a small team environment
- Maven plugin experience
- Data transformation experience
- Algorithms and optimization
- Container experience (containerizing Tinkar core)
- CSS experience
- Protocol Buffers experience
- gRPC, RMI, WebSocket, and REST experience
- HL7 FHIR terminology services experience
- Java Platform Module System experience
- 2 phase commit transaction implementation
- Specific testing frameworks
- SonarQube metric development
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $45 - $50 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status #LI-RL1