Find your next opportunity.
remote street Raleigh, NC 27617 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Evaluate, provision, configure, implement, maintain, analyze, diagnose, and provide day-to-day support for clients overall Mainframe Storage (DASD and Tape) solution(s) including backup, restore, archive, and business continuity plans.
3 to 4 years experience with HSM, CA1, CA7, FDR PAS, TDMF, CA Vantage, Hitachi Universal Replicator / BCM, SMS, ACS, DFDSS/HSM for backups and/or FDR ABRS, IBM Global Mirror / Metro Mirror / CSM, Virtual Tape (IBM TS77xx), CR+ and catalog maintenance / optimization, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity exercises and methods.
4 year college degree with concentration in IT / Computer Science preferred.
· Monitor, support, maintain, and enhance associated storage, backups, and data replication for a large number of Sysplexes.
· Provide support for Disaster Recovery Exercises and new data center builds as necessary. These support activities (e.g., problem resolution, 3rd party vendor communication, and change and implementation) will involve the management and analysis of all Agency mainframe DASD and tape data storage subsystems. It will include the management and analysis of all production backup and recovery jobs executed at production and all remote locations, to maintain compatibility with existing storage management infrastructures.
· Analyze Production Mainframe DASD Space Availability
· Analyze mainframe DASD space availability by Systems Managed Storage Complex (SMSPLEX) and by System Complex (SYSPLEX)
· Analyze DASD storage connected across all Logical PARtitions (LPARs)
· Analyze and determine cause of mainframe DASD space concerns
· Communicate resolution to requesting area via phone and/or email
- Evaluate new technologies
- Install, configure, implement new solutions / architectures.
· Analyze and recommend required SMS modifications
· Analyze required mainframe ACS code modifications
· Monitor DASD and tape storage resources for performance and available space
· Process required Mainframe SMS construct modifications online using TSO logon and Interactive System Management Facility (ISMF)
· Test all changes using the SMS test facility prior to installation. Testing is online using Mainframe TSO logon and ISMF
· Document each action taken
· Deploy mainframe DASD and tape
· Perform catalog optimization and maintenance.
· Maintain management class constructs defining retention requirements for data sets
· Maintain Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) parameter library members assigned to control execution
· Maintain free space for the three control data sets of HSM
· Analyze, maintain and perform the steps to reorganize control data sets
· Analyze, maintain Migration on Level 2 tapes to ensure maximum tape density
· Support DF/SMShsm Aggregate Backup and Recovery System (ABARS) on the wireline systems
· Support for upgrading Systems Managed Storage (SMS), Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM) and of Device Facility Product (DFP)
· Support IBM Mainframe storage management disciplines utilizing DF/SMS ACS routines
· Review Mainframe DASD/tape space availability by SMSPLEX and by SYSPLEX
· Review mainframe DASD/tape storage thresholds to determine adequate space availability
· Analyze and determine cause of DASD/tape space concerns
· Communicate resolution to appropriate area
· Analysis of Mainframe DASD and tape storage usage availability
· Determine application and people to contact for DASD/tape space concerns
· Provide resolution for space shortages
· Respond to AYS (Service Now) requests as necessary to support client needs.
· Provide DASD/tape storage space available to correct DASD/tape space shortage
· Enhance software to reduce operation time, add functionality, or improve efficiency
· Work independently or under only general direction
· Analyze mainframe SMS constructs
· Analyze mainframe SMS ACS logic
· Prior to introducing any storage change into production, use the SMS test facility located on the Storage Laboratory for testing changes
· Review and respond if necessary, to daily, weekly, and monthly automated health checks.
· Analyze and determine cause of DASD backup and data replication failures
· Communicate resolution to appropriate area if applicable.
· Work with application and Business Continuity organizations to ensure backup and/or recovery solutions are complete and maintained.
· Provide resolution for backup and/or recovery infrastructure shortages
· Document, report and address in ticketing system, the status of tape storage availability issues
· Enhance DASD/tape hardware configurations to reduce operation time, add functionality, or improve efficiency of use
· Make additions or deletions to DASD/tape storage infrastructures as required
· Review mainframe DASD/tape performance with 3rd party vendor personnel verbally and in writing