Find your next opportunity.
Mechanical Design Engineer III - Nuclear
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Mechanical Design Engineer III located in Charlotte, NC. This is a 24-month contract opportunity.
This request is to supplement nuclear system engineering experience needed to assist in developing technical requirements, support IT vendor, and testing of application for plant and system monitoring software being installed at all 11 nuclear units.
This role requires being familiar with nuclear power plant system/components, equipment reliability classifications, component failure modes, and identification of risk. This requires a level of comfort using data and system knowledge to assist the information technology teams in developing applications.
- Analyzing large amounts of power plant, system, and component data and coordinating with IT to support:
- Serving as Engineering lead to develop power plant system specific requirements for the IT team to build in the new application for 11 nuclear units.
- Automation of tracking system and component anomalies and failure modes within the new application
- Model system specific operations to mimic plant conditions.
- Develop alert/alarm structure to notify personal of an off normal condition
- Test system mimics and analytics per software quality testing processes.
- Development and use of system and component monitoring strategies for nuclear power plants.
- Interfacing with nuclear site Operators, Engineers, and Maintenance on systems and components specifically to present the output of developed application and align on actions needed to close gaps.
- System Engineering and/or component engineering background
- Experience working with large data sets for managing nuclear plant systems and components
- Use of power plant system and component drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance strategies
- Experienced in developing and analyzing data trends for nuclear plant systems and components (mechanical, I&C, and electrical)
- Experienced with system and component performance curves
- Experienced developing training and job aids for large organizations to adopt new technology.
- Use of power plant data historians (OSI PI experience preferred)
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant system design
Job Requisition # 37674
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $49.41 - $ 54.41 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.