Find your next opportunity.
Professional Data Scientist
13403 Volvo Way Fulton, MD 20759 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Professional Data Scientist located in Hagerstown, MD. This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
This position is an onsite opportunity.
Develop statistical models, algorithms and artificial intelligence through and approach of experimentation and discovery on data. Run advanced modelling on data in order to extract knowledge and/or predictions. Create complete analytics chain from transforming, structuring, modelling, visualizing, and translating data into actionable insights. Use a mix of tools and methods to apply advanced analytics to solve business problems or optimize business outcomes.
The Quality & Customer Satisfaction team ensures the product quality performance within a determined scope through investigating and prioritizing market product quality issues. The Data Analyst/Scientist secures the voice of the customer in the problem solving processes through knowledge management. This role supports achieving product quality goals and metrics for fault frequency and warranty costs.
- To ensure structured data analysis on problems affecting customers, suggesting statistical analysis, advanced analytical approaches and IT systems to be used.
- To build predictions to forecast quality level
- Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Be an expert to extract data from databases and to develop specialized statistical/ advanced analytical methodologies
- Define and use valid advanced statistical / analytical principles to analyze customer problems and factors driving them Develop and implement advanced methodologies to forecast product quality and reliability (short term total truck roadmap, Weibull, open-source R-studio, Python, etc..)
- Support quality activities in solving processes and Strategic Objectives when applicable
- Support quality forecasting (Predictive failure rates, warranty or financial initiatives)
- Provide Quality performance charting/graphs to the Quality, Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams for new development
- Minimum BS degree in mathematics, technical, data science or a business related discipline with emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Work experience applying statistical principles to recognize patterns in data files
- Automotive Experience/Knowledge is a plus
- MS degree
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions and making recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches.
- Creativity / Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and aptitude to learn new program features and application software
- Good written and verbal communication
- Organization and follow up
Job Requisition # 38224
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $50.00 – 55.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.