Find your next opportunity.
Project Controls Coordinator
5995 Rogerdale Road Houston, TX 77072 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Project Controls Coordinator. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension.
Incumbent acts as a provider of analytical indications against the health of the project for the department head, providing project controls activities including scope change management, cost control, estimating support, planning & scheduling, financial reporting, contract administration, forecasting and general reporting as required. Helps in leading the continuous improvement of the Project Controls Division and establishes up-to-date processes incorporating the industry Best Practices. Incumbent assists in the resolution of project issues as a technical expert within the field project management and project controls.
Leads the department’s Project Controls Division. Responsible, under the general direction of Department Manager, for controlling a variety of project controls related activities as required for assigned project(s), such as project scope and key quantities, scope change management, cost control, field / project estimating support, project planning & scheduling, contract administration, corporate / project financial reporting used for analysis and evaluation of projects, and management presentations. Responsibilities magnitude vary as to size and type of assigned projects.
The division will have three units with an estimated 20-25 employees and estimated NDE of $1.3 Million. The number of contracts that the division will oversee varies up to 20 projects with an estimated value of $2.6 billion.
- Directs project controls-related matters for assigned department such as project scope change management, cost control and scheduling as determined by project requirements. 50%
- Directs, monitors and controls contract administration, ensuring that business aspects of contracts are conducted according to contracts terms and conditions along with the Company’s policies regarding business ethics. Also, ensure that requirements are fulfilled and good business practices are followed. 15%
- Ensures that the project departments’ and Client’s reporting requirements are maintained, in and out of the department and/or project(s) – including contractor communications and correspondence. 15%
- Provides support for assigned department by interfacing regularly with PMT, PMOD and with other organizations such as Finance, Engineering Services, Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Capital Program Efficiency, etc. 5%
- Interacts regularly with department/division heads, department planning staff on project control issues and development of project controls employees. 15%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working within IT infrastructure
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in distributed systems, SaaS, cloud-based solution deployments
- Experience designing and engineering enterprise infrastructure on Azure
- Experience with Terraform, ARM templates, and enterprise deployment platforms
- Familiarity with GitHub and DevOps pipeline infrastructure and Microsoft Azure design principles and architectural best practices and industry standards
- Excellent analytical skills with the aptitude to troubleshoot intricate issues spanning multiple technologies
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Expert Proficiency in Terraform
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Proficiency with Git for source code management
- Relevant certifications (e.g. Certified Azure Administrator)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
Job Requisition # 37910
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $80.00 - $125.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.