Find your next opportunity.
Project Controls Specialist II
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Project Controls Specialist to work with a team in Raleigh, NC. This is a 12-month contract assignment with the possibility of extension with our client.
- This position will serve as a Cost Analyst on the Projects Control Team for the Customer Delivery (distribution) organization with our client focused on projects that will strengthen and improve the electric grid.
- This individual will be expected to work with a small team of Project Controls Analysts and Schedulers. This position will perform cost analysis, forecasting and reporting for a portfolio of projects budgeted anywhere from $10M to $20M annual spend, comparing monthly actuals to the project baseline, identifying variances, while simultaneously monitoring the projects’ baseline plans and the fiscal budget. This position will work in partnership with a more experienced Project Controls lead.
- This work will require advanced Excel skills because all cost workbooks and reporting are based in Excel. A basic understanding of budgets, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, amortization, allocations are a critical knowledge requirement. The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the proven ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases or systems. Proven ability to analyze data is required.
- Experience working in a PMO environment or on a project controls team is not required but is a plus. Exposure to energy-related projects not required but a plus.
- Some travel to the regions where the work is being executed will be required, limited to the Carolinas. Contract is for one year, although the work is multi-year and potential long term opportunity.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
Bachelor's Degree in either Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field.
Job Requisition # 36637
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $40 - $47 hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.