Find your next opportunity.
Quality Advisor (QC/QM)
1200 Smith Street Two Allen Center , Ref: Agreement # A-0288-2021 Houston, TX 77002 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Quality Advisor (QC/QM) located in Houston, TX. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
Coordinates, directs and monitors the performance of contract inspectors that provide quality assurance/quality control services in the Western Hemisphere. The performance of this function may, but not necessarily, require direct on-site performance of material/equipment inspection activities.
- Plans, schedules, assigns and directs the work of contract inspection agencies.
- Assesses the work of contract inspection agencies, reviews and evaluates their performance and recommends changes, if necessary, to improve their effectiveness.
- Visits, inspects and evaluates vendors, their quality assurance/quality control systems, and their ability to meet technical standards for supply of items and equipment.
- Communicates the results of inspection activities to the proponent organization as required.
- Provides consultation and interpretations to National Codes and the client’s engineering and technical specifications related to quality assurance and quality control.
- Reviews, suggests changes, and implements our client’s codes and specifications on equipment during design or procurement phases.
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in inspection methods, standards, practices, procedures and quality assurance/quality control concepts.
- Promotes and develops quality consciousness among principle contacts on quality assurance/quality control systems and their implementation.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with ten (10) years of industrial experience, of which five (5) years are related to quality assurance/quality control. May consider candidate with high school diploma with two years' technical school training who demonstrates the ability to perform the assigned job tasks, which typically is gained from fifteen (15) years of directly related experience.
- Prior inspection experience with motors (0-500HP), motors (500HP and above), pneumatic/electrical/hydraulic actuators, gas detection systems (NEMA 4 enclosure), subsea umbilics, UPS, MCCs, SF6 breakers, etc. is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Knowledge of American National Codes required. Knowledge of our client’s engineering and technical standards, specifications and procedures on equipment and inspection preferred. Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.
Job Requisition #36788
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $65 - $70 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.