Find your next opportunity.
REMOTE: Land Development PM (Oil & Gas)
Remote Westminster, CO 80031 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Land Development Project Manager (Oil/Gas, DJ Basin) to work 100% remote. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
- In general, we are looking for candidates with experience managing projects on the land planning and permitting side of O&G. Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Landman, etc. who are working on front end location planning (where wells, facilities, pipelines, etc. can go / can fit). Their projects include land planning, mapping, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, construction surveys, grading and drainage design, permitting, etc. We’re not overly firm on their educational background or professional licensure, just someone who understands the project lifecycle on this side of the business and is experienced and comfortable managing projects involving the tasks listed above.
Experience managing projects involving our services / scopes of work: Land Survey (Rural topographic, boundary, and construction surveys), Remote Sensing / Mapping (Single Engine/UAV Aerial Surveys, Laser scanning, asset mapping), Civil Engineering (Grading and Drainage design, floodplains, access road design, etc.), and Permitting. Must have experience / background in Land Survey
Experience as a Project Manager managing projects that match or size of projects, count of projects, and pace (Lots of small to midsize projects for the same or a few accounts, a few weeks to several months for most projects, lots of changes, and fast pace). In other words, a PM used to managing a couple multi-million dollar facility projects over years, likely won’t adjust well to our project mix (in our experience)
Experience with O&G: O&G is broad, and most don’t have significant experience with more than one area of O&G.
- Upstream: Well surveys, small gathering systems and tank battery work, working directly for E&P company (Chevron, Oxy, EOG)
- Midstream: Pipeline surveys, large facilities like Compressor stations, Cryo plants, Pump Stations, working for companies like Kinder Morgan, Phillips 66, Plains All American Pipeline
- Downstream: Refineries, Urban gas and power lines for commercial and residential power hookups, Xcel energy
We appreciate that it’s going to be very rare to find a candidate with DJ specific experience and even more rare to find a candidate familiar with COGCC/ECMC rules / upstream permitting in the DJ. What’s most important is that they are familiar with O&G work that is governed by complex/strict regulations
Lookout for candidates that have experience with:
- Working O&G projects in WY, ND, NM, CA, or anywhere else in CO. All these states have heavier upstream regulations and can produce experience close to what we are looking for.
- Working O&G Projects on BLM land or Tribal land. Whatever state you are in, these entities can produce experience close to what we are looking for.
Last but not least, culture:
- Team player…broad, I know, but this one matters most for longevity. They are to be able to get results through others. Generally, their projects involve members from multiple departments and disciplines (a lot of surveyors can manage survey specific projects well, but struggle when managing / collaboration with others from different departments/ disciplines).
The Project Manager is responsible for profitable growth of client accounts through successful management of projects and pursuing new business development opportunities with new and existing clients. This role will be both internal and external facing. The primary internal facing functions will be communicating with department managers to ensure budgets are being monitored and project schedules will be met. Externally, this role will attend client meetings, be the primary point of contact for clients on projects they manage and write proposals for potential projects.
- Manage project scope, timelines, and budgets for assigned projects.
- Develop project timelines and define the project’s critical path, through interaction with multiple department leaders and project stakeholders.
- Assign work activities and workflows of project teams to ensure efficiency, accuracy, profitability, and client satisfaction.
- Understand all contractual obligations for each assigned project.
- Review weekly Project Health Reports to ensure all projects are at/under budget and communicating with the internal team and clients in situations where we may be over budget.
- Communicate with clients on new project proposals and then generating those proposals which will include but not be limited to: Summary, Scope, Deliverables, Assumptions, Exclusions, Costs, Location, etc.
- Work directly with Business Development to attend new/existing client meetings, write proposals, generate cost estimates for proposals, attend marketing functions, and other revenue generating activities.
- Responds to and resolves complaints and inquiries from clients by meeting with them on the phone and in person and/or coordinates with departments to resolve the complaints.
- May supervise direct reports
- You are expected to answer calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Must be available to answer questions from field crews when they are in the field.
- Calls and emails at night and on the weekends will occur.
- Extra hours will be necessary to help meet client deadlines at times.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $110,000 - $130,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.