Find your next opportunity.
REMOTE: Licensed New Mexico Professional Surveyor
Remote Westminster, CO 80031 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Land Surveyor (New Mexico PLS Licensure Required). This position is 100% remote. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with Full benefits, PTO and Bonus. Candidates can reside anywhere in the US - But MUST have a NM stamp PS
The Staff Surveyor is an employee with organizational and expert technical skills. This employee will be well versed in Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD Civil3D, and familiar with ESRI ArcGIS. The Staff Surveyor must be well versed in field procedures, as they will help oversee all incoming field work, checking for completeness, accuracy, and quality. This role is primarily an internal facing role, and will have daily communication with Project Managers, Department Managers, Field Personnel, and other staff, to achieve project goals. This role will have an expert understanding of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and is expected to work in concert with other licensed professionals and provide an expert level of assistance on project needs.
- Expert Level QA/QC on documents prior to certification.
- Expert review of all post-processed field data.
- Perform PLSS Section Breakdown.
- Attend screen shares with client and complete linear project routing according to client standards.
- In addition to project duties, the Project Surveyor will support various corporate initiatives, including the creation and upkeep of survey process, mentorship of junior survey staff, and be responsible for ensuring project data is processed, formatted, and stored per corporate data standards.
- Assist junior staff members with problems.
- Ensure field packs and projects are done correctly and completely.
- Certify deliverables, as appropriate per licensure.
- Timely communication with team members.
- Proficiently perform PLSS Sectionalized Boundary breakdown unassisted.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Deliverables are thoroughly QA/QC before they are certified for delivery to client.
- Ensure field data is complete, accurate, and processed correctly.
- Ensure client best practices are followed to get data into internal GIS databases.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Pursue additional licensure to assist our client expanding geographic reach and help provide redundancy in existing states.
- Be willing to assist the team to meet project deadlines.
- Four-year college degree in an appropriate field that allows for Survey Licensure.
- Must have passed the Fundamentals of Surveying and the Principles and Practices of Surveying.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Surveyor, and in good standing, in the State of New Mexico and preferably Texas.
- Survey experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- 5+ years of progressive surveying experience.
- Meets requirements for multi-state licensure.
- Expert knowledge of Trimble Survey Equipment, Trimble Business Center, and OPUS.
- Expert knowledge of the PLSS.
- Ability to determine City, County, and State Land Survey Statutes and Regulations
- Proficient with all types of Coordinate Systems, Projections, and Datums.
- Advanced understanding of various field workflows.
- The ability to delegate, as appropriate.
- The ability to prioritize deadlines to ensure successful project completion.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Calls and emails at night and on the weekends will occur.
- Extra hours will be necessary to help meet client deadlines at times.
- Travel may be required for team events and meetings but is anticipated to be less than ~5% of the time involved with the role.
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $130,000 - $150,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.