Find your next opportunity.
Renewable Energy Electrical Engineer (Remote/Hybrid)
10170 Church Ranch Way Suite 201 Westminster, CO 80021 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Renewable Energy Electrical Engineer to work a hybrid schedule located in either Westminster, CO; Minnetonka, MN; Middleton, WI; Huntersville, NC or Plano, TX. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client. Candidates can work REMOTE/Hybrid but MUST currently reside in CO, MS, WI, NC, TX
Our client is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our renewables team. The position is for a lead electrical engineer to design solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, which includes: plant layout, selecting appropriate system hardware, system optimization, determining power generation and interconnection requirements, and being the client and internal leader for the electrical engineering of projects. As Lead Electrical Engineer the individual will coordinate with our client’s Leaders and Director, of Electrical Engineering to maintain firm standards and consistency as well as oversee other electrical designers. This position may also include supervision responsibilities of direct reports for timesheet/expense/PTO approval, annual growth planning, disciplinary actions, and compensation annual adjustments.
- Manage the electrical engineering of commercial and utility scale solar projects and be responsible managing the electrical design budget for the project to ensure budgets are met
- Responsible for contractual electrical engineering scope, verify incorporation into design, and coordination of change orders with project manager.
- Responsible for insuring project deliverable schedules for electrical engineering scope are met.
- Assist project managers in responding to RFP’s by preparing proposal scope and fees for the electrical engineering.
- Coordinate with other project disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical/structural engineers, and surveyors.
- Schedule and plan necessary resources needed to support projects weekly.
- Perform and Lead Electrical Engineering design and creation of construction documents for projects as well as be the primary electrical contact for client.
- Oversee project electrical team resources and be responsible for staff performing electrical calculations and studies such as short circuit, load flow calculations and voltage drop.
- Coordinate with clients, utilities, and code enforcement officers.
- QA/QC of design work performed on projects for which you are the lead electrical engineer responsible for the project.
- Maintain awareness of currently available equipment and industry best practices
- Collaborate with and support electrical engineering teams in other offices as projects and workload sharing between offices dictates.
- Support construction of the projects by responding to contractor and owner requests including RFIs and submittal review
- Assist Market Directors as needed for marketing efforts and creation of marketing materials surrounding electrical engineering work.
- Supervise, train, and/or mentor graduate engineers, staff engineers, and design technicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Engineering Program
- Approximately 4-10 years of experience in the design of electrical distribution, generation, and or general electrical construction
- Knowledge of NEC and NESC
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of an electrical power system modeling program(s)
- Working knowledge and ability to read and create construction drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write detailed technical reports with minimal oversite.
- Experience with writing proposals, managing project budgets, invoices and change order process, progress reports, managing project data and communicating project requirements to client and internal stakeholders.
- Must have a strong work ethic along with a positive attitude.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines without supervision.
- Ability to use AutoCAD in a limited capacity.
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $115,000 - $145,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.