Find your next opportunity.
SDS Designer (Substation)
1064Â GreenwoodÂ Blvd , #260 Lake Mary, FL 32746 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented SDS Designer (Substation) in Lansdale, PA, Orlando, FL or Rochester, NY. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
The Substation Designer would work with our growing Substation Engineering Team to prepare schematic and associated wiring diagrams for high voltage utility substations projects and renewable energy interconnections. The position would require the employee to work with engineers and consultants to create these drawings.
- SDS (3-D modeling or Invention) experience is a must
- Computer aided design and drafting of all engineering products and deliverables.
- Collaborate with engineers and other drafters to correct discrepancies in drawings and designs.
- Typical CAD Design is that of functional electrical drawings as shown below.
- Operations Diagrams
- Single Line Drawings
- Three Line Drawings
- Current and Potential Schematics
- Protection and Control Schematics
- Communication Schematics
- Alarm Schematics
- Associated Wiring Diagrams (Point to Point Translation)
- Importation of tables and calculations such as BOMs as well as creating notes to be applied to each drawing.
- Self-checks all work performed to ensure its accuracy prior to turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
- Understand & meet project schedule, and quality requirements.
- Complete drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Detailed and quality oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects.
- Actively assist in the delivery of a complete project. This may include phone or e-mail correspondence, Microsoft Teams communications, attending meetings, and other project documents required for project completion.
- Provide interdepartmental support as required.
- Associate degree in Design & Drafting Technology or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. of CAD experience, AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Previous experience drafting schematic and associated wiring drawings for high voltage utility substations projects is required.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communications skills.
- Driven for Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity & Customer Focused
- Ability to invite and accept constructive feedback
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to function in a team environment and culture of cooperation and collaboration
Job Requisition #37575
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $55,000 - $80,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.