Find your next opportunity.
4211 Ponderosa Avenue , Suite C San Diego, CA 92123 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Accountant in San Diego, CA. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
The Senior Accountant/Accountant provides financial accounting, analyses and support to the Finance Manager and the operational personnel. This position continuously works to improve the day-to-day financial processes.
- Produce Financial closings, ensuring consistency of accounting/statutory reporting and product line reporting
- Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Provide help and support for budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assist and ensure timely and accurate routine management reporting
- Perform standard and ad hoc analyses for management
- Provide analysis to support key business decisions
- Coordinate and assist with internal and external audit requirements
- Provide guidance to ensure the district internal controls are in place and effective (including SOX compliance)
- Help monitor compliance with policies and procedures
- Acquire strong knowledge of the business
- Provide accounting support to District personnel
- Effectively communicate with Division and Corporate support staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional designation preferred (CPA or CMA)
- 5+ years of finance/accounting experience
- Experience supervising professional and clerical staff a plus
- Manufacturing or construction materials experience a plus
- Strong ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability in financial/business analysis
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with and knowledge of JD Edwards and IBM Planning Analytics a plus
- GAAP knowledge
Job Requisition #37520 #LI-LB1
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $90,000 - $95,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.