Find your next opportunity.
Senior Controls Specialist
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry Virginia USA 23883 Surry, VA 23883 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Controls Specialist in Surry, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
- Assist with Capital Projects annual budget, monthly forecasts, and rider filing data.
- Prepares cost estimates and supports in-service and retirement of station assets (fixed assets knowledge)
- Requires knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) required for month-end liabilities and reporting.
- Implements internal control policy and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the project management team and various internal groups, such as station departments
- Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Ability to lead meetings at station location periodically.
- Self-starter and makes decisions independently.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems of high complexity.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in Excel and financial systems
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or budget analyst experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education – Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility Experience
Job Requisition #37051
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $41.64 - $46.64 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.