Find your next opportunity.
Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations) (Gen)
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations) located in Mineral, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
This role analyzes, develops, implements, and evaluates performance-based technical training programs. Maintains technical subject matter expertise and a thorough understanding of current business processes. Acts as subject matter expert in specific area of technical (operational) expertise. Consults with business partners to clarify and define work procedures and processes and develop and document new work procedures and processes. Keeps abreast of current regulatory initiatives and assess their impact on instructor training.
- Oversees the initial training of Nuclear Employees including CBT’s and Activity Performance Measures.
- Conducts training on Fall Protection, Confined Space, Fire Watch, and Respirator/SCBA.
- Utilizes multiple training databases to track qualifications of site and supplemental personnel.
- Processes workflow from identification of a resource needing to work on site from access requesting through initial training.
- Analyze and develop training materials, train and lead others, interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers, informal leadership skills, ability to effectively communicate with regulators.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Electronics, Chemistry, Physics or Instrumentation) preferred. An equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- 12+ years of related experience OR
- Certified Instructor (including 5+ years’ experience) OR;
- RO or SRO (including 5+ years of experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good personal computer, operate various instrumentation and controls, problem solving.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must meet ANS 3.1 12/79, Section 18.104.22.168
- In-depth subject matter expertise in technical area of instruction.
- Thorough understanding of business processes related to area of instruction.
- In depth knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Proficiency in equipment operation/troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills.
- Competence in using software applications critical to target audience.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good coaching skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze job tasks and develop training materials.
- Ability to train and lead others.
- Ability to interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers
- Reactor Operator (RO) or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or applicable discipline INPO accredited initial training program preferred.
- Preferred experience utilizing Vision or equivalent training material development software.
- Experience in the I&C maintenance shop who has actually been a “doer” has done the work they are training.
- Experience in training for Westinghouse 3 loop PWR
Job Requisition #36859
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $56.75 - $61.75 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.