Find your next opportunity.
Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations)
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry Virginia USA 23883 Surry, VA 23883 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations) in Surry, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or to go permanent with our client.
Develop instructional materials and conduct training for licensed and non-licensed operators at the Company's nuclear power stations. An incumbent at this level should have in-depth knowledge of instructional design theory as well as hold or have held an SRO license, SRO certification.
- The individual is required to participate in rigorous technical and instructional continuing training.
- This instructor level works on the most complex training topics and is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating training in the main control room simulator, classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job.
- This level also is responsible for maintaining training programs in accordance with nuclear industry, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- BS Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Physical Science, or Mathematics
- 13-15 years related experience, including the following experience and abilities
- In depth knowledge of instructional theory and design and SAT.
- Analyze and develop training materials; interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers; in-depth knowledge of plant operations and systems.
- Current or prior nuclear plant experience
- Current or prior operations experience
- High standards
- Courage to intervene and be intrusive
- Good interpersonal and facilitative skills
- A strong desire to be a classroom and/or simulator instructor
- Supervisory potential
- Model of professionalism, judgment and maturity
- Good observation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience with Westinghouse Electric Ovation and/or Common-Q DI&C platforms is preferred
- Nuclear Operations Training or Nuclear Plant NRC Licensed Operations. Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
Job Requisition #37086
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $57.35 - $62.35 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.