Find your next opportunity.
Senior Network Engineer
10323 Lomond Drive Manassas, VA 20109 US | Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Network Engineer. This is a 12-month contract to hire opportunity with our client.
- Manage the daily activities of local and wide area network systems, perform diagnostics, and schedule preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for installing, administering, and testing network servers, operating system software, routers, switches, cabling, etc.
- Responds to emergency work requests.
- Perform facility surveys for network communications and recommend the layout and location of network components, equipment, cabling, and wiring.
- Maintain records of work completed and in progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, and configurations.
- Manage network management programs and prepare network status reports.
- Assist/Support other network-related tasks/requirements as directed by management.
- Available On-Call to assist with trouble tickets as needed.
- Manage projects and deliver on time with periodic status reports to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer networks, or a related field.
- Certification in related fields (CCNA, CCNP) required.
- Security and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), a plus.
- CISCO Next-generation Firewall (NGFW)
- The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of Cisco ISE and its implementation of large-scale networks. This includes understanding network segmentation, identity-based access controls, and device profiling.
- The candidate should have strong troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network issues. This includes understanding packet captures, network protocols, and diagnostic tools.
- The candidate should have experience managing network projects from start to finish, including scoping, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing.
- The candidate should have excellent documentation skills to ensure network configurations, processes, and procedures are well-documented and easy to follow.
- Knowledge of design, configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired and wireless networks (Cisco Systems preferred).
- Knowledge of computer network characteristics, network operating system software, and network components
- Troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose/resolve network system problems.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex technical manuals and reference materials.
- Ability to assist with developing network security and related procedures; and performing network management activities.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- A strong understanding of Route/Switch, Wireless.
- Knowledge of Network Security
- Work collaboratively as a team player.
- CISCO Identity Services (ISE) (Preferred)
Job Requisition #37016
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $115,000 - $120,000 per year.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.