Find your next opportunity.
Senior Product Line Manager
3201 Dallas Parkway , Suite 600 Frisco, TX 75304 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Product Line Manager in Dallas, TX to work a hybrid schedule. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with our client.
Job Overview: #LI-LB1
The work will focus on developing a deep understanding of what is needed at our client to transition from a predominately license and maintenance business to a subscription and SaaS business over the next 3 years. The required analysis will be broad ranging across market, customer, technical, financial, product, and sales data to help with planning, prioritization, and investments.
You will drive the transition of Capital to Cloud/SaaS business models by formulating and efficiently implementing effective and holistic strategy that has been developed in close collaboration with Product Management, Product Development, Services and Business Leadership.
You will evaluate business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment. Responsible for developing project plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
- SaaS business model ownership- Own the technical and market specification for SaaS offerings, including solution packaging and support level agreements. Works with other product management leaders to ensure alignment to SaaS offering standards. Work with engineering to identify what technologies (databases, DevOps tools, etc.) needs to be procured or developed for faster delivery to market. Lead the business transformation across cross-functional teams to adopt and adapt to the SAAS Model.
- Build and execute go-to-market plans. Develop solution go-to-market plans including opportunity analysis, pipeline analysis, market segmentation, channel readiness (where applicable) requirements, and outbound marketing requirements. Develop solution pricing/licensing approach and map against customer requirements with an understanding of competitive/other factors impacting deal closure. Drive competitive analysis and compete strategies against established players and new threats. Engage on the launch of new releases.
- Engage with product development and services program managers to drive solution roadmaps, providing business requirements in terms of functionality, costs, and solution interdependencies. Collaborate with product development to create and expand portfolio of products and solution alternatives. Be the leader and champion of customer/market requirements and help break these down. Ensures all relevant development teams have sufficient detail in requirements to build a market ready and acceptable product.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to understand targeted markets, market trends and competitive environments. Develop value propositions, messaging frameworks, and statements of direction.
- Collaborates with various internal "customers" and departments on solution fit, features, go-to-market strategy, positioning, etc., to ensure end-user customers & company requirements are represented with a broad perspective and likelihood of field success. Coordinate across functional areas to achieve overall business results, including marketing, sales, services, maintenance, and finance.
- Help build relationships with strategic global customers. Support executive briefings and provide direct client-facing sales support for high-impact, qualified opportunities. Support execution of strategic partnerships, customer engagements, and drive new business growth.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience, or equivalent combination.
- 2 years developing and scaling SaaS business models.
- 5+ years in product management, Software development, technical marketing or sales engineering
- Experience bringing new SaaS products from conception to market.
- Strong Knowledge (prefer previous hands-on experience) about computing methodologies like (but not limited to) Serverless, Containers, etc.
- Additionally, a technical understanding (and enthusiasm) of enterprise SaaS and the rapidly evolving landscape is critical.
- Experience in cloud services, cloud infrastructure or cloud management
- Experience in Managed services: Cloud and data operations, centralized management, Business operations (billing, integrations, etc.), capacity management, scalability, monitoring/alerting, performance- maintaining uptime.
- Extensive and Proven Experience working with cloud platforms and major SaaS applications, Agile methodologies, deep understanding of integration and API concepts, ETLs, dockers and Kubernetes.
- Dynamic, articulate, energetic and self-starter personality with demonstrated ability to translate industry and customer insight into executable strategic vision.
- Proven results-driven individual with good business acumen; ability to manage forecasts, costs, and budgets to meet strategic objectives for the business.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both client-facing and internal situations; can articulate industry and operational insights clearly and persuasively to all levels of executives and management, translating information to audience-appropriate levels using oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong demonstrated ability in analysis of market requirements; ability to map business requirements to solution roadmaps, with strong domain knowledge in the retail industry including competitive solutions, complementary solutions, consumer trends (omni-channel, mobility, social, etc.) and a deep understanding of retailer business needs.
- Creative, entrepreneurial thinker who can manage risks, try new approaches, and use good judgment to build and grow the business.
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to drive solutions from concept to delivery by coordinating across functional areas to plan, deliver, market, sell, and support retail industry solutions (cross-functional team leadership - current people good at explaining what is happening not making strong grounded recommendation)
- MBA or equivalent experience