Find your next opportunity.
Senior Project Controls Specialist
525 S Tryon St Charlotte, NC 28202 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Project Controls Specialist to work a hybrid schedule in Charlotte, NC. This is a 3-year contract opportunity with our client.
Provides schedule, cost management, risk management, change management, reporting and oversight services for up to 30 projects.
This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy. Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- They perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization with minimal oversight and wide latitude for unreviewed work.
- They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as “Brown” or "Black" per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix which typically range from $100M to greater than $500M with a high level of complexity.
- Perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control
- Reporting on portfolio level
- The Principal Project Controls Specialist may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in project controls principles.
- Expertise / Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight. Knowledge of reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- Project management knowledge
- Cost management
- Understanding of accounting conventions
- Integrated project planning
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
Job Requisition #37547
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $52.00 - $57.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.